Monday, October 29, 2007

Offline donations incorporated

On Oct. 25th the Ron Paul campaign manually added $430k of offline donations to the flash widget without adding it to the database totals. I have finally added this information to the statistics and projections table, but I have left the graphs untouched.

For a while I didn't want to incorporate this into any graphs, because suddenly adding that large an amount would create a huge rate spike and throw all the averages out of whack. Even if I could manually correct for that (which I can), there would still be a huge, unexplained spike in the total donations graph.
Dan from ronpaulgraphs.com had added the spike to his graphs, and ended up removing it in the end, as it caused too much confusion. Instead of trying the same thing, I've opted to make use of the offline information only in the projection table.

No comments: